Terms and conditions
Whilst every care has been taken in the compilation of information Bolton Council cannot guarantee its accuracy and will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using these pages. The information provided by this website is for general guidance only.
These pages also contain links to other sites which are not in any way endorsed by Bolton Council. Bolton Council will not be liable for any loss damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using these links.
In using the Bolton Council website, you will be deemed to accept these terms
We do not collect personal data about people who browse this website, unless you voluntarily submit your personal details to us via a form or email. If so:
- We will process your personal data within the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and other relevant legislation.
- We will indicate why we are collecting the data.
- We will only use the data for the purpose for which it has been collected.
- We will only share the data with other organisations if it is stated at the point of collecting the data or if required by law or in order to carry out local authority functions in line with the Data Protection Act.
- We will not use your data for marketing products or services to you without your consent.
- We will keep your data for the minimum time necessary.
- We will respect your rights under the Data Protection Act to access the data we hold about you.
- We will keep your personal data securely.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of the Governor Exchange. Please read through them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not register for, purchase from, or use the website.
The websites are provided to you free of charge for your personal use subject to the terms and conditions. By using the websites of Bolton Council ('Bolton Council', 'we' or 'us') you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
The Governor Exchange wishes to promote collaboration wherever possible. Hence, unless otherwise stated, all materials provided by Bolton Council on this site may be copied for non-commercial educational purposes provided that all copyright and other intellectual property notices are retained, that the materials are not modified and that the source is acknowledged on every occasion.
You do not need to request permission to create a text link from your site to any of the Bolton Council’s web pages for non-commercial educational purposes. However, we would ask you wherever possible to notify us of such linking and not to frame our pages within your own portal navigation, as this approach can prove confusing for the end user. Please do not incorporate our logo into your pages, as this may confuse the viewer as the source of your material. You have no right to use any Bolton Council materials (including intellectual property rights) except expressly granted by us.
Intellectual property / trademarks
The content of Bolton Council’s Governor Exchange website is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. All these rights in the material contained in these websites belong to Bolton Council.
Bolton Council’s websites are provided by Bolton Council without any warranties or guarantees. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the internet.
The Bolton Council’s Governor Exchange website may provide content from other Internet sites or resources and while the Council tries to ensure that material included on the website is correct, reputable and of high quality, it cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case.
Bolton Council will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with our websites. If Bolton Council is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on our websites we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- Incompatibility of our websites with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links.
- Technical problems including errors or interruptions of the website.
- Unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the websites.
- Inadequacy of the websites to meet your requirements.
- To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to Bolton Council’s Governor Exchange.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Bolton Council for liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence.
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
You understand that you, and not our websites, are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the website for lawful purposes only.
You must not use the website for any of the following:
- For fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity.
- To send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any 'spam'.
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
Links to other websites
Third party contributions
Some pages on the site may contain articles or issues contributed by third party authors - any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bolton Council.
Bolton Council has in place and maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information and our websites. We arrange for our network traffic to be monitored, to investigate or detect unauthorised users and attacks on the websites. We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we strongly advise that you carry out your own virus checks on downloadable files available on the site. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses that may have been encountered during use of this site, or any related site.
When registering to the site you must be aware that the information you submit will be insecure and could be observed by a third party while in transit. Do not submit information you would like to keep private.
This agreement is deemed to be made in England and is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Any disputes that arise will be decided only by the English courts.
Bolton Council makes no promises that materials on its websites are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the websites from territories where its content are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Matters beyond our control
Neither party is liable for any breach of this agreement that is caused by a matter beyond its reasonable control, including acts of God, fire, lightning, explosion, war, flood, industrial disputes, sabotage, extremely severe weather or act of local or central government or other competent authorities.
Changes to the privacy statement
You must not publish, post, distribute, disseminate, or otherwise transmit anything that: offends common standards of courtesy or decency; is reasonably likely to breach technology export restrictions or financial services laws or to be invasive of privacy; is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, blasphemous, seditious, objectionable; or is unlawful, offensive, or regarded as such for racial, ethnic, or sexual reasons.
Comments or feedback
We welcome your comments or feedback on our website. Please either use the ‘Contact Us’ page on the site or contact John Ashworth, Governor Services Manager on email@example.com