NB: This is a two part course; delegates must attend both sessions on 8 and 15 February 2018.
There is an expectation for Chairs to keep up to date with current requirements, but the opportunity and time to do this are not always available for Chairs or experienced governors. This course is intended to help fill this gap.
Through a variety of activities, presentations, discussions and handouts governors will cover:
· The development of chairing skills and experiences within the Governing Board
· Auditing skills, experience and interests within your Governing Board
· Ideas and suggestions relating to managing workloads
· Looking at structure and organisation that may improve the efficiency of the Governing Board
· Practical tips to support and aid the work of the Chair
· Suggestions for preparing governors for Ofsted in line with the current Inspection Framework
Presenter: Dave Eccles, External Educational Consultant
Fees for this session are payable via the school budget and not by individual members of the governing board. If your governing board has signed up to the Governance Training Service Level Agreement, sessions are free of charge. Governors of governing boards who have not signed up to the Governance Training Service Level Agreement may attend for a fee of £80 per session.
If you are unable to attend a course, we ask that you please notify the Governance Services Team on 01204 332116 at the earliest opportunity and at least five working days prior to the course date to enable the place to be offered to others.
Cancellation fees will apply for non-attendance or if a place is cancelled by the delegate within five working days of the course date. Schools who have signed up to the Governance Training Service Level Agreement will be charged £25 for each cancellation within five days of the course. If your school has not signed up to the SLA the full course fee will be charged.
Fees may be waived in exceptional circumstances. Please contact Marie Foley, Governance Training Officer on 01204 332116 or via email at email@example.com
To reserve your place on this course please select the 'book now' tab below